Thursday, June 10, 2010

Company Came

I love having company.  I don't always love getting my house ready for company!  I tend to over stress about things.  Last night we hosted the committee members of my youngest son's cub Scout pack.  I made homemade pizza and bread sticks.  My daughter made a pan of her famous brownies.  After we ate and the meeting was over, the kids weren't ready to go home.  So, I kept them.  Four extra children, for a total of 7.  They were great.  They played together so well.  They stayed up late and slept in accordingly.  I made waffles!  They were awesome.  The kids scarfed them down.  I was excited because I used soy milk and no one noticed.  It was a relief because my oldest has a dairy allergy.  I froze the left overs and will be able to have a quick breakfast prepared for tomorrow or Friday.  We then had more guest.  A friend's power went off and she called to see if she and her boys could come over.  They did.  She brought over her partially cooked grilled cheeses...the power went off in the middle of cooking.  Her boys shared the left over pizza and bread sticks.  All the kids played in the puddles left from the morning rains.  I LOVE hosting company.  I love fellow shipping with close friends.  I LOVE having a home filled with children and laughter.  I LOVE being at home.  I am thrilled with SIMPLE DAZE!  I will post the recipe for waffles on my recipe for the day blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment