Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Fair Cometh!

     Well, remember how yesterday's post was all about taking it easy?  My, my how things change around here.  It all started when I looked at my calendar!  I realized something scary was coming my way...the 4-H fair...dunt, dunt, duh!  So guess what, oh yes, I went to full on panic mode!  So after the kids got their morning chores accomplished.  We were off to Grandma's to start the first of like 15 or 16 projects.  Why did we go to grandma's you say?  Well, because of course my daughter would pick 3 sewing projects...and ...ummm....I DON'T SEW!!! Praise you Lord, and I mean this sincerely, that my mother is a sewing goddess and my daughter seems to be a child prodigy!  Not really, she just cut the pattern out very well!  So we got project one started.  Project two was with my niece.  I had so much fun.  All my nieces are growing up fast and I don't get enough time with them.  She is in year 5 of foods...so many of you know what that means...THE DREADED YEAST ROLLS.  Well, we made cinnamon rolls, breadsticks, a loaf of bread, and dinner rolls.  She did great!  She enjoyed milling the wheat and working the dough.  Last but in no way least, I took my 12 year old son around the county to take pictures for photography.  He got some good shots.  I am too 4-H pooped to go on!!!!  I will update more tomorrow!  There will be more 4-Hing because...the FAIR COMETH

No comments:

Post a Comment