Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring is Coming!!!

A friend wrote on her Facebook status today, " Our past is a a springboard for our future."  My last post was a Debbie Downer, wasn't it?   This isn't my usual attitude about life especially publically.  I am very good about putting on a happy face.  Not to be false or fake.  It is just generally the way I approach life.  Happy is a better choice for me.  I compare myself to a duck, things slide right off my back in general.  Although, I suppose i am occasionally like a skunk. I hold in my stink.  I blow up all at once and then i am over it!  Anyway, thank you for your prayers and support.  I am springboarding back into my life as a hobby farming, homeschooling, stay-at-home, Bible toting, husband loving, bread baking, mother of three (and sometimes 6 or 7 if a friend is in need)! 

Is anyone else excited about spring?  I am.  I can't wait for God's rebirth of nature we experience each year. God's blessings are around us throughout the year.  I think in spring it is so clear the abudance of His love and geneorosity. All we need he provides through His creation.  I am ready for new life and moving ahead with our new/old ways. Here on the farm we are excited to be welcoming new goats, bunnies, and chickens on the farm.  I am excited what the prospect of goats milk will bring to my kitchen.  The possibility of goat cheese and soap and other products are spinning in my head like visions of sugar plums!  We are also exploring the possibility of tapping our maple trees.  We are wondering if any of you have experience with this?  We would like to make our own syrup, but as with any other new adventure we seek out advice of knowledgable persons.  I am also commited to start soaking and sproating my grains this spring.  i have been taking babysteps along my process and I haven't tackled this yet.  I have been following Laurie's blog closely, Proverb's 31 Woman, Kitchen Stewardship and Heavenly Homemaker, all of these blog's provide beautiful insight to the process.  They also show detailed pictures and I now feel comfortable enough to give it a try.  I also am going to find a sourdough bread we like.  Why not?  I will have nothing better to do, right? Honestly, that might be a summer project, but a gal can be hopeful! So help me out and send me your favorite recipes and links, PLEASE!!! :)

I am looking for comments here followers!!!!  What is going into your gardens this spring?  What are your favorite varieties?  How much do you plant?  Should I be starting seeds or wait and buy plants?  Opinions from everyone! Techniques for weed control!!!! This was huge last year!  Tips for planting, composting, fertilizing, and organic pest control are much needed. Also, strawberries...can I transplant this spring and have any hope for a crop?  What about my blackberries and rasberries???  I am interested to hear what my friends overseas do too!  My kids love hearing from you.  We find it so interesting comparing and contrasting the likes and differences of our countries!   Tell us about your growing seasons.  What you plant and your favorite veggies!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment