Monday, May 23, 2011

More Rain...REALLY???

I don't have much to report on the home front these days.  As my gardening should be in full swing but, the rain won't stop long enough for us to get our garden tilled.  I have potatoes and onions planted so far.  I am not sure how well my potatoes are doing.  I planted them in a special way, under layers of straw.  My chickens seem to be very interested in my potatoes these days.  I find them scratching about often.  I am beginning to wonder if I will ever be able to plant tomatoes in my new tomatoe cages.  I had so looked foward to planting this spring.  I was going to try intensive gardening.  This is a method where you plant everything close together in little plots.  The idea is to discourage weeds.  This idea sounded refreshing.  Weeds always seem to take over my gardens toward the end of summer.  Now I am hoping to simply plant anything in anyway.  Unfortunetly the only thing in my garden so far are onions, potatoes(I hope) and of course...weeds!  Happy planting to the rest of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment