Friday, January 21, 2011

So...Help ME!

Do you have those weeks where nothing goes right? You wonder what in the world is the purpose for all this?  I was having one of those weeks.  Generally when I have those weeks I know right where to look.  I crack open my Bible.  I dive into scripture and I find some bread crumbs to lead me out of my dark place.  But, for some reason this week I didn't.  I lost all sense.  I had given up on me.  I hadn't given up on God.  I just forgot to turn to Him.  The one so very obvious place I normally find refuge.  I felt so lost.  I was questioning my homeschooling.  I was questioning my homemaking.  I was questioning my ability to breath pratically!  This really isn't much of an exaggeration.

In life we have ups and downs.  We fall in and out of love with ourselves, our situations, our churches, our routines.  Generally, I am a happy positive person.  I try my best to, no matter what, put a smile on someone's face.  At the start of this week I just didn't have it in me.  Unforseen circumstances lead us away from our home church on Wednesday night.  While visiting this other  church my husband and I had a conversation with the church's associate pastor, who had himself been a homeschooling dad.  Ironically I hadn't really wanted to be at this church that evening.  I really wanted to be home.  But, what I found was I was home.  God lead me home, to Him.  This kind man's words of love and encouragement was exactly what I need to hear.  By God's grace it was exactly when I needed to hear them.  It was a casual conversation but, boy oh boy, the Lord was speaking through Pastor Dave Wednesday night.  We serve an amazing God. One who loves us, cares for us, and comforts us.  When I  forgot to fall on Him,  He reached out for me.  He did it in the most unusual way.  It was as to say...I know you need Me...even when you forget that it is simply I that you need! 

Lord, I love You.  Forgive me for not seeking You out first.  Thank you so much for rescuing me whenever I need it.  Be with my friends all over the world who read this blog.  Help them to know your love and the comfort that comes in being one of your children.  Remind them that it is through our times of trials that we are drawn closer to you.  Thank you for guiding me home to the comfort of your loving arms.  May you bring blessings, grace, and peace to all who read this. Meet them wherever they are.  Find them, even if they aren't seeking to be found. I praise you for all that You are and all that I am because of You. 
In Jesus Name AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment