Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

Well, I must say it is great to wake up to freshly made cinnamon rolls. The smell alone feeds me! My daughter and I made the rolls and baked them Saturday night. Then Sunday morning we reheated and added the icing! Mmmmmmm, were they good! The funny thing about all this dough making is that I am able to use the same simple recipe for my bread, pizza crust and cinnamon rolls. We were so impressed that we made smaller versions for our Sunday night church service which offers a coffee hour first! My daughter also made two types of cookies to share. She was practicing for 4-H. The flour worked great in her cookies as well. I wondered how to handle cookie recipes that called for self rising flour or unbleached flour...my freshly ground flour did the job! After service we came home to the biggest mess! I stayed up and cleaned. I can't stand to wake to a dirty kitchen! I am wondering how to tackle the mess caused by all this baking. There is a flour film covering almost every surface in my kitchen! It doesn't help that my workspace is under the ceiling fan! I guess at least people who drop by won't know if it is dust or flour! Just another benefit to my simpler daze!

No comments:

Post a Comment