Thursday, May 27, 2010

Knock first, even in a down pour!!!

Well, today we did no baking but I did want to post a quick story about being an unexpected guest. Well, we were on our way to pick up our farm fresh eggs from my friend when a sudden pop up shower started. Now when I say shower that is way too mild. It was a relentless down pour. The sheets, the buckets, the dogs, and the cats were all involved. This is how the weather can be in Indiana. BEAUTIFUL one second and horrifying the next. To make a long story short, I sent my 12 year old son to my friend's door. What 12 year old boy minds getting wet? So he goes up to the door and the rain is really coming down with avengence now, because it is a friends house, my generally polite and well mannered young son, opens the door and starts to go in...until he hears a scream. My friend had gotten caught in the same pop up monsoon and had just put away her animals in it! She had run into the house to grab a towel and dry off. WELL, no towels were left in her bathroom so she was evidentially streaking to the second bathroom when my son started to come in. The good news is she screamed fast enough..."Ahhh, I'm naked!" as my son describes it. So he shut the door without seeing anything and he remains innocent to the build of my friends body! Although scared enough to stand on her front step getting soaked from head to toe. He did how ever learn a valuable lesson. Even in the worst of conditions maintain the best of your manners! He came back to the car. I got out, got soaked as well and got the eggs. Oh, after my friend got redressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment