Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Today was a light baking day. Because my youngest was up in the night getting sick, I was thankful to have previously prepared noodles ready to be combined with last night's pot roast leftovers. Then I added a slice of homemade bread and WOW, what a meal! Tonight for dinner we had tacos with handmade tortillas. It all was very quick and easy. We put in some of our garden finally! I am truly looking forward to the vegetables. The kids have been busy picking strawberries so tomorrow I am going to attempt my first pie crust. I am running low on wheat so I will need to mill some more tomorrow! I must share that I am pleasantly surprised about how much I am enjoying the baking. I really do feel it is a labor of love for my family. They all gather in the kitchen to see what I am up to. I am hoping to find a simple waffle recipe and be able to report the outcome of that tomorrow! Meanwhile my daughter would like to collect all your favorite cookie recipes. She is preparing for her 4-H fair exhibit and wants the best cookies ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment